Monday, January 23, 2012

when life gives you lemons....

The past week has been totally crazy and different for James and I. We are in a situation that we never wanted to be in and that we have no clue how to handle. The company James works for got a job in Shreveport (4 hours away) and James was told he was going to be working there for a year!!!!! For about a month there has been talk about this job but nothing was for sure and we were hoping they wouldn't get the job so he could stay here, but that didn't happen. They did get the job and James was told Tuesday to go home and pack because he would be leaving in an hour to head to Shreveport and of course I was in an appointment and couldn't make it home in time to say goodbye before he left for the week.
I was a total mess. I spent most of last week crying, eating ice cream, and watching girlie movies. We have never been apart for longer than a few days and the thought of spending Monday-Friday away from the person I love more than anything else makes me feel like a lost puppy. I know that this situation will only make us stronger and will strengthen our marriage but man I have to say... This totally SUCKS!!!!
One good thing about this was Friday night when he got home!! Seeing my prince charming walk through the door was truly magical! We spent the weekend just relaxing and enjoying being together again.
The past week of my life has been one of the hardest weeks ever but now that I look back on it, I realize I should probably start looking at the good things about this. At least we get weekends together, we get to talk and FaceTime every night, we are going to get to save money, and we WILL come out of this situation stronger than ever. It won't be forever and we will just have to make our weekends together even more special. I know this is easier said than done but I am really trying to stop being such a baby about this, I am a strong woman and I can make it through this. But for now it's still girlie movies and books until my boo gets home Friday! (and maybe a little homework too)

So my new motto for the next year will be
...
When life gives you lemons... make lemonade =)




XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...