Friday, January 24, 2014

a year ago today

One year ago today James and I went nervously to our first ultrasound. We were a nervous wreck and the day seemed to drag on forever. 3:45 finally arrived and we met at my doctors office. We sat in the dark room and the nurse put the cold, sticky gel on my belly and immediately a little bean popped on the scream. James clutched my hand as we sat there waiting for a heartbeat. We waited for what seemed like an eternity until the nurse pressed a button and the room was flooded with the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. Our baby's heartbeat. I was immediately overtaken with emotions and the tears started sliding down my cheek. I couldn't believe it. After a bit of trouble, a tiny little baby was finally growing in my belly. James jumped up and kissed me and all we could do was smile. It was everything we had ever wanted. It was our baby! After we left we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings in true James and Malary fashion for wings and a beer for the Daddy-to-be. I excitedly took out the pictures and just stared at our little bean.
One year later, as I stare at that beautiful baby sleeping I am so overwhelmed with happiness and joy. Cooper has brought us closer than I could have ever imagined and a love like no other. This boy is such a blessing in our lives and I thank God every single day for choosing me as his mother.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...