Friday, December 7, 2012

friday randoms

Okay so it has been 8 days since my last post (which is not totally uncharacteristic of this poor little blog of mine). But things are looking up. School is officially OVER for this semester. This was the hardest semester of my life and I truly had doubts. I had one teacher that made me question myself, my career choice, and everything in between but I showed her that this has been the one thing I have wanted my whole life.. to be a teacher. I want to spend my days educating our future. I love children so much and can't wait to have my own little classroom with my own little students in August. Now that I finished this semester, my last semester of college will be spent student teaching. I will be spending every day from January 16 to May 3 in the same classroom under the direction of a teacher. So yesterday my classmates started getting emails with their assignments. It took mine a little longer than some of the others (just my luck, I know) but around 3:00 my email came in!! And of course as always God has tested me once again. I will be student teaching a 4th grade class at a school that I am not the biggest fan of. I have had a lot of experience with this school and I don't feel like I fit the mold of what they would like their teachers to be. Also even though I will be certified 1-5 grades. I prefer the lower grades. I am even considering taking the test to be certified kindergarten!! I just love the babies (as we call them in the education world). So 4th grade is going to be a real struggle for me. This is also the semester these students will be taking the LEAP test. This is going to be the biggest test of my college career but as my grandmother told me "It is sink or swim time" and believe me I am ready to SWIM!


In other news....
Santa came a little early at my house ;)
 How amazing is my husband? We have been talking about getting a nicer DSLR camera for a while now and when his sister came over with her new one and we saw the pictures we knew it was time to just do it. The difference in the pictures is amazing. So we did our research and found one that was going to be an amazing deal for black Friday. At first we thought we would have to stand in line and wait but then we found out you could order online starting Thanksgiving morning so that is what we did. It took a little over a week to come in but it is in and I love it!!!!! (NOTE: None of the pictures in this post were taken with this pretty lady)


AND...
This morning I sent out our first Christmas cards!!! I will wait until our family receives them but later I will post them for you to see. My SIL did them and once again I love her work!!



Lastly...
Our Christmas decor is almost complete. It has taken a little longer than expected and we had a tree scare but it is almost done. I am hosting a party on December 12th, so I have 6 days to finish this up!!!!  I am so ready to just enjoy my break and celebrate the holidays. Our first family Christmas party and a work Christmas party are this weekend (I know both the same day, hello running around all day long, but as always it is what we know and we are excited).


OHHHH....
And my hubby has these bad boys waiting for him when he gets home tonight. The dark are his favorite and the peppermint are my favorite!!! Yummy!!!! I can't wait to tear into them tonight!!!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...