Monday, June 9, 2014

baby #2 is a….

GIRL!!!!!!!!


Last time we did a gender reveal party with all of our family and it was amazing. It was so fun to find out with all of our friends and family but this time we had different plans. I was going to be 14 weeks on May 10th which is Hubby's birthday and was Mother's Day weekend. We were a little scared because it was still early and we wanted them to be 100% sure before they told us but knew it would be the perfect birthday present for James. 
We hadn't seen the baby since our 7 week ultrasound and had never actually heard it's heartbeat because the ultrasound was done so early they could only pick up the movement and not the sound of baby's heart. So we were excited! 
We went to the same place as last time and she is just perfect. She takes her time and lets you enjoy the experience. I sometime find when you get an ultrasound at the doctor's office they rush and don't let you soak up your baby! Because our stubborn little miss was sitting indian style, it was extremely hard for her to get a good look. She had to try forever to get her to move her legs and show us her stuff but finally she did and we were able to see she was in fact a little girl!! She showed us three different angles and even pulled up a boy at 14 weeks to show me the difference. Let's just say I was very skeptical about it being a girl. I just thought I would be a boy mama forever. 

After leaving the ultrasound we drove home in excitement to tell Cooper and Hannah. Hannah is my cousin who has been the most amazing person ever since I had Cooper. She is always there to help me or babysit and give us a break. We wanted her to be the first person we told and we even had a surprise for her!! 


Choosing Hannah as her Godmother was a no brainer for me. She is the perfect role model for my daughter. She has all of the qualities I want my daughter to strive to be in all aspects of life. Strong, independent, driven, kind, loving, beautiful on the inside and out, passionate, and of course a truly great christian woman who will continually show my daughter who God is and how much he loves her.

After telling Nanny and Coop we called all of our friends and family and let them in on our news! Then we decided to tell the social media world in one of those cute Pinterest inspired pictures with pink balloons. Well, let me just tell you it was a total FAIL! Our child is of course terrified of balloons and the wind was blowing like a hurricane.
I know it is horrible that we were taking pictures as he was freaking out but I just couldn't help myself!






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...